March 03, 2011

Have Fun in Renewed East Liberty branch of Carnegie Library

The Carneige Library is a great place enjoying lazy time as well as reading books, watching videos, and listening musics. First of all, when you are having your laptop, you can surf the web, write article, and do homework.

I used to visit the library in Oakland near Hillman Library of University of Pittsburgh. When reading books or surfing web, I like to drink coffee from Crazy Mocha inside the library. But, sometimes, many people are there so it's hard to find a great seat, for example in quiet room.

Last week, I visited Carnegie Library at East Liberty. The branch is renewed and re-opens recently - I think end of last year. I just knew the re-opening but I've never visited there because the Oakland branch is a good place enough to enjoy. But it's just my belief.


When I entered the library, I was surprised by the fancy interior. Of course, new one has better look generally. The colors in bookshelves, desks and chairs, and other decoration are refresh. The gap between bookshelves is wide enough that two persons pass or stand. You know the Oakland branch of Carnegie Library has dense bookshelves, especially second floor.




In addition, enough computers are there so that people enjoy internet and do something using softwares. And number of desks having desk lamp are in window side. I did my work for two hours at the desk. My feeling was very comfortable. Nobody interrupted me.

View Larger Map

I recommend you the East Liberty branch, when you wanna enjoy your lazy time. If you live at Shadyside or East Liberty Area, just go. There are enough street parking space around there. But Let's walk. Spring is around the corner.

*My writing is not good. I do my efforts to to improve my writing skill. Any comments are always welcome! *